We went to Costco this weekend and stocked up on some meat to freeze and use for dinners over the next month or so. I picked up some absolutely GIGANTIC filet mignon steaks for $6.00 each, and with a couple fresh veggies and other items on hand, I threw together this delicious dinner for the 2 of us for under $18.
Filet Mignon with Rich Balsamic Glaze
- 2 filet mignon steaks
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- Sprinkle freshly ground pepper over both sides of each steak, and sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place steaks in hot pan, and cook for 1 minute on each side, or until browned. Reduce heat to medium-low, and add balsamic vinegar and red wine. Cover, and cook for 5 minutes on each side, basting with sauce when you turn the meat over.
- Remove steaks to two warmed plates, spoon one tablespoon of glaze over each, and serve immediately.
- 1 bunch asparagus
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Break the asparagus from the weak point on the stem.
- Place the asparagus in a plastic bag with the olive oil and toss to coat.
- Arrange asparagus in a single layer on a baking sheet and cook at 400°F for 12-16min to desired tenderness.
Garlic Smashed Potatoes
- 4 large russet potatoes, cleaned & sliced, skin on
- 1 Tbsp butter
- splash of milk
- 1 glove garlic minced
- a bit of fresh dill
- Boil the potatoes for 15-20mins or until tender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and smash the potatoes in the pot.